One of our privilege to go to church every Sunday is to partake sacrament during the one-hour sacrament meeting. We are able to have a moment to think about Christ and what He has done for us, renew our baptismal covenant with Heavenly Father, and feel the Spirit.
It should be a high-lighted spiritual moment for me every Sunday. However, after having kids around us, this quiet and peaceful moment was taken away.
During the sacrament meeting, all my husband and I were doing is to calm our kids down, make sure they are not making noises, and try to play with them. It’s a tough time for a young family like us to try our best to teach our kids to be reverent and respectful during the meeting, and also meet these little kiddos needs during that hour.
I do not want to bring our boxes of legos or anything noisy with us, and as they grow up but not able to sit still like us, I don’t want to send them a message that sacrament meeting = play time, so what can I prepare and what can I bring to entertain these little kiddos, and may be even teach them about the gospel as well?
Chinese LDS Puzzles
There are 10 small puzzles and 2 big puzzles in this freebie.
They are perfect for preschoolers and up to learn about the gospel in Chinese in a fun way.
How will it work:
1. Print them out and cut all the strips out.
2. Laminate each strip using a laminator.
3. Cut out the laminated strips and organize each puzzle by putting them into a sandwich/ zip lock bag.
Chinese LDS Lacing Games
There is a total of 15 pictures for this freebie.
They are perfect for toddlers to kindergarteners to play and practice their motor skills.
How will it work:
1. Print them out and cut each picture out with 1-2 inches left.
2. Laminate each picture by using a laminator.
3. Cut out the laminated pictures and put some holes around the pictures with a hole punch.
4. Put a couple of shoe laces in a sandwich/ zip lock bag with the laminated pictures.