Welcome to The Fortune Cookie Mom Blog
If you are a homeschooling parent, a Chinese teacher, or a parent who wants to help your child learn Chinese, you are in the right place.
You will find encouragement, confidence, resources & support in this journey.
Let’s start with a quick tour to familiarize you with the blog.
Who is the Fortune Cookie Mom?
您好! I am Po Tim (my first name is a combination of two Chinese characters if you are wondering).
I am a homeschooling mother of four, a Chinese mom blogger, Chinese printables & an online courses creator.
Providing Chinese online resources and helping others teach kids Chinese has become my passion. It has made me happy and proud to see not just only my children, but others having success and enjoying learning Chinese as well.
If you want to learn more about me, please visit my About page.
An Overview of My Blog
Using the menu bar below the logo is the best place to start. These quick links will help you quickly jump to the various pages on the blog.
- About Me: Discover more information about me and my homeschooling journey.
- How to Start Teaching Chinese at Home: the Ulitmate guide to help you start teaching Chinese at home
- Chinese Resources: Here is the collection of all the Chinese resources I created for you.
- Free Printable: Subscribe to my blog and gain exclusive access to subscriber-only freebies.
- Chinese Resource Library: It’s the place where you can download all the exclusive FREEBIES.
- Shop: Purchase full versions of the Chinese Theme Packs, and other amazing Chinese learning and teaching products in my store.
- My Account: Set-up your account and keep track of your past purchases.
- FAQ: You can find all the questions here
My FOUR main Focuses
On this blog, my main goals are:
- Chinese Theme Packs: I regularly create and release Chinese Theme Packs. These packs contain many different activities related to the theme and come with detailed descriptions and photos to make it easy for parents and teachers to use. (I made some Bundles that can save you more money.)
- Reading in Chinese: I will help you access information about teaching your kids to read in Chinese with creating very simple Chinese vocab & mini-books.
- Chinese Literature-Based Unit Studies: I also share different Chinese literature-based units with printable and articles to help you teach Chinese.
- Asian-Style Clipart: Finding quality Asian-style clipart can be hard, so I created this place for you to get some.
Some of My Most Popular Posts
Having regular reading time with kids is a top priority in our Chinese learning journey. When things are chaotic at home, I may skip lessons and...
Maomi Stars is a Chinese learning app for non-fluent families raising bilingual kids. It provides listening, writing, and speaking opportunities to...
Reading Chinese children's books is one of the best methods to teach Chinese at home. It’s even better when you start early when they are babies and...
Teach kids to read in Cantonese is challenging! Before telling you the reason, let me ask a few questions. Do you know in Cantonese, what we read is...
Fortune cookies are signature desserts that represent China & America. The taste is lightly sweet, with a crispy texture, with a hidden fortune...
Chinese New Year is one of the most important festivals for Chinese people. This is also an essential festival for families and friends to get...
Most of the work and responsibility of teaching Chinese easily falls on the spouse who speaks Chinese or who usually stays with the kids most of the...
Hanging up lanterns is a common decoration you will find during the Chinese New Year. Traditionally, Chinese people hang lanterns and other...
Chinese New Year (Lunar New Year) 新年/ 春節 is the most important traditional festival for the Chinese. This is also an essential festival for...
Singing Chinese Christmas Songs and caroling was one of my favorite things growing up. Growing up I loved watching my parents perform as I...
I created Chinese Theme Packs to teach my kids Chinese. Learning Chinese using theme packs is engaging and fun. Much more effective than boring...
Let’s Stay Connected!
YouTube: Fortune Cookie Mom
Teachable (online courses): Fortune Cookie Mom
TPT store: Fortune Cookie Mom
You are not alone!
Join our Facebook Community and connect with other parents with the same goals.
身为职业妈妈的我,常常牺牲睡眠来自作教材。版主全方位学习的新年教材真让我省下不少宝贵的时间找资料。四岁的女儿对中文学习有点抗拒。我们善用版主提供的迷你故事书和生字卡来增强她对语文的认识。版主的中文单词棋盘游戏更让女儿投入学习, 因为她想赢嘛！版主的教材可让小孩边玩边学, 太棒了。
This is the second 5-Day Challenge that we have done with Fortune Cookie Mom. Both have been very beneficial to our family. I am a homeschool mom of three little kids. We are not Chinese and do not speak any Chinese. With the help of Fortune Cookie Mom, we are slowly learning! The challenges have given me fun activities to do at home with the kids. Each one has reignited my kid's interest in learning. It has been a fun experience for everybody!